“Dozens [of personnel] of the Saudi military, including officers, were killed or injured,” Brig. Gen. Sari, a spokesman for the Yemeni group, said.
The Badr-1P, which was revealed on October 27, is an INS\GPS guided version of the Badr-1 solid fuel artillery rocket. Experts believe that the Badr-1 family is derived from the Iranian-made Fajir-5 rocket.
The Saudi-led coalition has not commented on the rocket strike, so far. The coalition rarely acknowledges a successfully attack on its troops.
Yemen’s al-Masirah TV said that the rocket attack was a response to a recent Saudi airstrike on a local market in the Houthis’ stronghold, Saada. The airstrike, which took place on December 24, killed 17 civilians including 12 Ethiopian refugees.
Note: On 28 October 2018, a guided version called the Badr-1P with a range of 150 kilometres (93 mi) and an accuracy of 3 metres (10 ft) was announced.