Min is open-source software, available on GitHub.
Its focus is to provide a minimal web browser with a clean UI and standard features. And it does the job pretty well.
The interface is clean and simple. It has the essential features like ad-block, script-block, address bar web search, etc.
Min is designed to be fast. It uses less battery power, so you don’t have to worry about finding a charger.
You can also group tabs in tasks. You can open the task view and drag and drop to rearrange the tabs.
Since it uses Electron and Electron uses Chromium, it shouldn’t collect your data unless Chromium does that itself.
Despite being based on Electron, Min is surprisingly not resource hungry. It is light on RAM usage and is quite fast.
Some of the main features of Min browser are:
- Minimalistic user interface
- Fuzzy search in the address bar to quickly get search engine suggestions and from the web browsing history.
- DuckDuckGo is the default search engine, but it can be changed to use other search engines
- Built-in ad and script blocking.
- Tabs can be grouped into ‘tasks’, which is basically collections of tabs. You can switch between the tasks to have one group of tabs visible and in use.
- Reading mode allows you to view a webpage as a book page for easier reading. Every time you open a webpage in reading mode, it is saved to a reading list for 30 days.
- Focus mode allows you to concentrate on current tab by hiding all other tabs.
- Browser actions quickly does several things, even if you don’t remember the keyboard shortcut. For example, using !se in the address bar will suggest !settings browser action for opening the settings menu.
- Dark mode
- Easy on system resources
- Plenty of keyboard shortcuts
- PDF viewer
- Cross-platform, available for Linux, Windows and macOS
If you decide to install it, I highly advise taking the feature tour. It will show you how to use the browser because it might be slightly overwhelming at the beginning. You can always find the “take a tour” option under Menu->Help.
Source: its FOSS
- It cannot replace the default browser yet
- No plain text option on copy – this could be important for text editor in CMS – WordPress
- No History option – no Clear Browsing History option
- No site Information – Secure/Unsecure